Grid - Programmer

This is a discussion on Grid - Programmer ; Which is the best grid control for MFC? I was looking at these: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp http://www.roguewave.com/products/st...Grid/index.cfm http://www.dundas.com/mfc/grid/index...&body=body.htm I need something that can offer me good performance on grids with 1500 rows and about 30 collumns. I am sure this queston has ...

  1. Grid

    Which is the best grid control for MFC?

    I was looking at these:

    http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp
    http://www.roguewave.com/products/st...Grid/index.cfm
    http://www.dundas.com/mfc/grid/index...&body=body.htm

    I need something that can offer me good performance on grids with 1500
    rows and about 30 collumns.

    I am sure this queston has been asked before, but I have been off MFC
    development for a while.

    Regards
    Lars

  2. Re: Grid

    Lars Schouw schrieb:

    > Which is the best grid control for MFC?

    I don't know.

    > I was looking at these:
    >
    > http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp

    > I need something that can offer me good performance on grids with 1500
    > rows and about 30 collumns.

    The gridctrl by Chris has a virtual mode. I used it with a grid with
    1000*1000 elements without problems.

  3. Re: Grid

    Lars Schouw wrote:

    > Which is the best grid control for MFC?
    >
    > I was looking at these:
    >
    > http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp
    > http://www.roguewave.com/products/st...Grid/index.cfm
    > http://www.dundas.com/mfc/grid/index...&body=body.htm
    >
    > I need something that can offer me good performance on grids with 1500
    > rows and about 30 collumns.
    >
    > I am sure this queston has been asked before, but I have been off MFC
    > development for a while.
    >
    > Regards
    > Lars

    I have used the codeproject and stingray grids. Comparing the two is
    almost like apples and oranges. The codeproject is free and is well
    done but its feature set is "bare bones" compared to the commercial
    products. The Stingray is loaded with features too numerous to count
    (all things to all people, I suppose) and I have happily been using it
    in several projects for several years. From looking at the web page
    descriptions I assume the Dundas product is similarly rich.

    Any of these grids will offer super performance if you use their virtual
    list mode. If you need a lot of flexibility to customize the appearance
    then one of the commercial products would be a worthwhile investment.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread