NET problems - listview and class wizard 'add variable' - Programmer

This is a discussion on NET problems - listview and class wizard 'add variable' - Programmer ; OK ... have a bit of experience with VC 6 ... having a lot of problems convering to the new .net ide. 1st... creating control variables is proven to be a pain in the XXX I constantly open the dialog ...

  1. NET problems - listview and class wizard 'add variable'

    OK ... have a bit of experience with VC 6 ... having a lot of problems
    convering to the new .net ide.

    1st... creating control variables is proven to be a pain in the XXX

    I constantly open the dialog in the resource editor and while 'some'
    items are class wizard accessible (I want to create a control
    variable) most of the time the menu option 'add variable' for the item
    I want is not available. Anyone experience this problem???? Yeah, I
    know how to do it manaully; I have an MCSD (VC 6) ... but, the wizard
    sure saved time for that nitnoid stuff.

    2nd ... Have I done a brain dump or something? ... My toolbox control
    does not appear to contain the CListView item anymore? ... I have the
    CListBox.. but not the ListView. I also noted that .net comes with
    Crystal embedded. These control items are also disabled? Do I have
    to register these components manually to be able to use them (Crystal
    and some module for the CListView)?
    I thought I might have simply accidentially moved or deleted it... so,
    I opened the toolbar customizer, ordered the avaialabe tools by
    namespace and found the Windows.System.Form namespace item - unchecked
    and rechecked the item. It added the icon to my 'dialog' control
    list.. but, while there,... it is disabled. HELP!!!!

    Any assistance is appreciated.

  2. Re: NET problems - listview and class wizard 'add variable'

    1.The only time I have seen the add variable be unavailable is when either
    the .h or cpp is read only.
    2.There never was a CListView control in the tool bar. There was a CListCtrl
    in the toolbar and it's still there.

    "Citadel85" wrote in message
    news:f0f03f26.0310310716.6d19e851@posting.google.c om...
    > OK ... have a bit of experience with VC 6 ... having a lot of problems
    > convering to the new .net ide.
    >
    > 1st... creating control variables is proven to be a pain in the XXX
    >
    > I constantly open the dialog in the resource editor and while 'some'
    > items are class wizard accessible (I want to create a control
    > variable) most of the time the menu option 'add variable' for the item
    > I want is not available. Anyone experience this problem???? Yeah, I
    > know how to do it manaully; I have an MCSD (VC 6) ... but, the wizard
    > sure saved time for that nitnoid stuff.
    >

    > 2nd ... Have I done a brain dump or something? ... My toolbox control
    > does not appear to contain the CListView item anymore? ... I have the
    > CListBox.. but not the ListView. I also noted that .net comes with
    > Crystal embedded. These control items are also disabled? Do I have
    > to register these components manually to be able to use them (Crystal
    > and some module for the CListView)?
    > I thought I might have simply accidentially moved or deleted it... so,
    > I opened the toolbar customizer, ordered the avaialabe tools by
    > namespace and found the Windows.System.Form namespace item - unchecked
    > and rechecked the item. It added the icon to my 'dialog' control
    > list.. but, while there,... it is disabled. HELP!!!!
    >

    > Any assistance is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread