MFC and __int64 - Programmer

This is a discussion on MFC and __int64 - Programmer ; Hi all, I'm having trouble using the __int64 type in a MFC program. For example, I need to retrieve an __int64 value from an edit control, but there's no DDX_Text function that manages this type. Likewise for the DDV_MinMax**** function. ...

  1. MFC and __int64

    Hi all,

    I'm having trouble using the __int64 type in a MFC program. For
    example, I need to retrieve an __int64 value from an edit control, but
    there's no DDX_Text function that manages this type. Likewise for the
    DDV_MinMax**** function.

    Does anyone know a workaround for this ?

    Thanks for helping ;-))

    Luis MENINA

  2. Re: MFC and __int64

    from dlgdata.cpp in the MFC code:
    void AFXAPI DDV_MinMaxLongLong(CDataExchange* pDX, LONGLONG value, LONGLONG
    minVal, LONGLONG maxVal)

    {

    ASSERT(minVal <= maxVal);

    if ((value < minVal) || (value > maxVal))

    _AfxFailMinMaxWithFormat(pDX, minVal, maxVal, _T("%I64d"),

    AFX_IDP_PARSE_INT_RANGE);

    }

    if your version does not support this func, then use this one.

    "Luis Menina" wrote in message
    news:d610bbcc.0310280209.359fe5d7@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm having trouble using the __int64 type in a MFC program. For
    > example, I need to retrieve an __int64 value from an edit control, but
    > there's no DDX_Text function that manages this type. Likewise for the
    > DDV_MinMax**** function.
    >
    > Does anyone know a workaround for this ?
    >
    > Thanks for helping ;-))
    >
    > Luis MENINA

  3. Re: MFC and __int64

    I looked for this kind of function, but didn't find it in dlgdata.cpp.
    Did you wrote it or has it been implemented in MFC 7.0-7.1 ? I work
    under Visual C++ 6.0 and use MFC 4.2.

    Thanks for your reply ;-))

    "Sparky the Wonderdog" wrote in message news:<4C_nb.479$SJ6.262@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>...
    > from dlgdata.cpp in the MFC code:
    > void AFXAPI DDV_MinMaxLongLong(CDataExchange* pDX, LONGLONG value, LONGLONG
    > minVal, LONGLONG maxVal)
    >
    > {
    >
    > ASSERT(minVal <= maxVal);
    >
    > if ((value < minVal) || (value > maxVal))
    >
    > _AfxFailMinMaxWithFormat(pDX, minVal, maxVal, _T("%I64d"),
    >
    > AFX_IDP_PARSE_INT_RANGE);
    >
    > }
    >
    > if your version does not support this func, then use this one.
    >
    > "Luis Menina" wrote in message
    > news:d610bbcc.0310280209.359fe5d7@posting.google.c om...
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I'm having trouble using the __int64 type in a MFC program. For
    > > example, I need to retrieve an __int64 value from an edit control, but
    > > there's no DDX_Text function that manages this type. Likewise for the
    > > DDV_MinMax**** function.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know a workaround for this ?
    > >
    > > Thanks for helping ;-))
    > >
    > > Luis MENINA

+ Reply to Thread