Newbe: Interfacing MFC to device drivers ? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Newbe: Interfacing MFC to device drivers ? - Programmer ; Hi, I have a kernel mode device driver (PCI filter driver). I wish to provide user interface to it. Can I use MFC and provide interface to the filter driver ? Is it possible ? If so, how do I ...

  1. Newbe: Interfacing MFC to device drivers ?

    Hi,

    I have a kernel mode device driver (PCI filter driver). I wish to
    provide user interface to it. Can I use MFC and provide interface to
    the filter driver ? Is it possible ? If so, how do I do it ? If not,
    what other options do I have ? I have tried looking at previous posts
    and sample programs in DDK, MFC etc but couldn't find what I was
    looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    _Linus

  2. Re: Newbe: Interfacing MFC to device drivers ?

    Sunil wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a kernel mode device driver (PCI filter driver). I wish to
    > provide user interface to it. Can I use MFC and provide interface to
    > the filter driver ? Is it possible ? If so, how do I do it ? If not,
    > what other options do I have ? I have tried looking at previous posts
    > and sample programs in DDK, MFC etc but couldn't find what I was
    > looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > _Linus

    An MFC program is the same as a Win32 API program and can call any
    Windows API without doing anything special. In other words, MFC is
    irrelevant: it doesn't help but doesn't interfere. Drivers are accessed
    by calling CreateFile with the device name to get a handle. Then you
    can use the handle to call WriteFile, ReadFile, and DeviceIOControl.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread