CString and tabulation - Programmer

This is a discussion on CString and tabulation - Programmer ; I want to add tabulation in a CString to align all lines, but CString doesn't accept '\t' charactere! Does someone know how to align text by columnin a cstring ! Typically, I've got informations which look like : Number Name ...

  1. CString and tabulation

    I want to add tabulation in a CString to align all lines, but CString
    doesn't accept '\t' charactere!

    Does someone know how to align text by columnin a cstring !

    Typically, I've got informations which look like :

    Number Name Position

    1 Ghgh KKJJK
    121 kjkj kjkjkjk

    And I want to align them...

    Help !!

  2. Re: CString and tabulation

    "Elias Fotinis" a ecrit dans le message news:
    1059128292.202822@athprx02...
    > Salim GOMRI wrote:
    > > I want to add tabulation in a CString to align all lines, but CString
    > > doesn't accept '\t' charactere!
    > >
    > > Does someone know how to align text by columnin a cstring !

    > CString and '\t' should be fine. The problem is probably the way you
    > print the string. What function or control do you use to view it?

  3. Re: CString and tabulation

    I don't understand !
    I just put my string in my list box, and I init my
    string by the CString::Format() function ! and my tabulation is displayed
    with a square character...

    That's all !

    "Elias Fotinis" a ecrit dans le message news:
    1059128292.202822@athprx02...
    > Salim GOMRI wrote:
    > > I want to add tabulation in a CString to align all lines, but CString
    > > doesn't accept '\t' charactere!
    > >
    > > Does someone know how to align text by columnin a cstring !

    > CString and '\t' should be fine. The problem is probably the way you
    > print the string. What function or control do you use to view it?

  4. Re: CString and tabulation

    "Salim GOMRI" wrote:

    >I don't understand !
    >I just put my string in my list box, and I init my
    >string by the CString::Format() function ! and my tabulation is displayed
    >with a square character...
    >
    >That's all !

    Apples and oranges.

    The tab character is there, but the list box doesn't know what to do
    with it.

    Learn how to use a ListView control (CListView). I think that has the
    functionallity you're looking for.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    Slattery_T@bls.gov

  5. Re: CString and tabulation

    thank u

    "Tim Slattery" a écrit dans le message news:
    sc7aivctgnts5j766edo69fhaivfe3srm6@4ax.com...
    > "Salim GOMRI" wrote:
    >
    > >I don't understand !
    > >I just put my string in my list box, and I init my
    > >string by the CString::Format() function ! and my tabulation is displayed
    > >with a square character...
    > >
    > >That's all !

    > Apples and oranges.
    >
    > The tab character is there, but the list box doesn't know what to do
    > with it.
    >
    > Learn how to use a ListView control (CListView). I think that has the
    > functionallity you're looking for.
    >
    > --
    > Tim Slattery
    > Slattery_T@bls.gov