vc open project slow - Programmer

This is a discussion on vc open project slow - Programmer ; I have a dll project which contains 200 cpp and h files and generated a 600K release dll. To open the project with VC++ 6.0, it takes about 5 minutes on my computer. I am wondering if this is normal? ...

  1. vc open project slow

    I have a dll project which contains 200 cpp and h files and generated
    a 600K release dll. To open the project with VC++ 6.0, it takes about
    5 minutes on my computer. I am wondering if this is normal?

    My computer is very powerful so I don't think the machine is an issue.

    Thanks,

    qq

  2. Re: vc open project slow

    quikquic@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I have a dll project which contains 200 cpp and h files and generated
    >a 600K release dll. To open the project with VC++ 6.0, it takes about
    >5 minutes on my computer. I am wondering if this is normal?
    >
    >My computer is very powerful so I don't think the machine is an issue.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >qq

    i would try deleting the .ncb, .plg, .opt, .dsw files. then recreate the
    ..dsw using the .dsp. see if this helps.

    vinay

  3. Re: vc open project slow

    Typically you would delete the .ncb and .opt files. These files become large
    overtime. You would loose information such as breakpoints.

    --
    Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
    ajaykalra@yahoo.com

    wrote in message
    news:ead1f717.0307220815.5f8ba7cd@posting.google.c om...
    > I have a dll project which contains 200 cpp and h files and generated
    > a 600K release dll. To open the project with VC++ 6.0, it takes about
    > 5 minutes on my computer. I am wondering if this is normal?
    >
    > My computer is very powerful so I don't think the machine is an issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > qq

+ Reply to Thread