getting MAC addressing using ARP.EXE - Programmer

This is a discussion on getting MAC addressing using ARP.EXE - Programmer ; Hi all, I need the MAC address of whatever network devices are on the system, but I am wondering how I can run ARP from within my C++ program without the DOS Prompt screen briefly appearing. I am presently calling ...

  1. getting MAC addressing using ARP.EXE

    Hi all,

    I need the MAC address of whatever network
    devices are on the system, but I am wondering
    how I can run ARP from within my C++ program
    without the DOS Prompt screen briefly appearing.
    I am presently calling system() to run it.

    Thanks.
    GC

  2. Re: getting MAC addressing using ARP.EXE

    Goodly Chap wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need the MAC address of whatever network
    > devices are on the system, but I am wondering
    > how I can run ARP from within my C++ program
    > without the DOS Prompt screen briefly appearing.
    > I am presently calling system() to run it.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > GC

    Use CreateProcess() instead. It has options to redirect the output of
    the process into pipes which your program can read and to prevent the
    command prompt screen from appearing.

    Norm

    To reply, change domain to an adult feline.

  3. Re: getting MAC addressing using ARP.EXE

    Use netbios functions

+ Reply to Thread