Where is Iphlpapi.h ?? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Where is Iphlpapi.h ?? - Programmer ; Hello, I am trying to get the MAC address of my computer without resorting to running ipconfig from an MFC program. One common example on how to do this involves using Iphlpapi.h and getiptable. However this header doesn't seem to ...

  1. Where is Iphlpapi.h ??

    Hello,

    I am trying to get the MAC address of my computer
    without resorting to running ipconfig from an MFC
    program.

    One common example on how to do this involves using
    Iphlpapi.h and getiptable.

    However this header doesn't seem to be a part of
    VC++ 6.

    Can anyone tell me where to get it and the
    related .lib file?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Where is Iphlpapi.h ??

    Yibbels wrote:

    > I am trying to get the MAC address of my computer
    > without resorting to running ipconfig from an MFC
    > program.
    >
    > One common example on how to do this involves using
    > Iphlpapi.h and getiptable.
    >
    > However this header doesn't seem to be a part of
    > VC++ 6.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where to get it and the
    > related .lib file?

    You need a version of the Platform SDK newer than the one
    that ships with VC6.

    If you have an MSDN subscription, you already have it on
    CD/DVD, otherwise you can download the 300+ MB for free from
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/ (the setup comes in 3 fashions:
    full, web and ISO). The latest version is the 2005/04 one
    (named after Win2003SP1) but the previous 2003/02 version
    may work better with VC6 (I'm not sure it is still available
    on the web site, but it is available for MSDN subscribers).

    --

    // Alessandro Angeli
    // MVP :: Digital Media

+ Reply to Thread