I would like to get some more information on how I would go
aboutcreating a fake Network Adapter.

Basically the idea is that I create this network adapter that
willcapture all the data (store it in a buffer?). Then an
applicationrunning on that machine will gather the data, process it,
and thendeal with the data. So, to normal windows applications, that
networkadapter should just look like another NIC card.

How would I go about doing this? Where do I start? I looked at theNDIS
overview on MSDN. But I'm not clear as to what is needed to bedone. Do
I need to create a miniport driver? or a NDIS Intermediatedriver? Or
is it something completely different?

Thanks for your help,
Girish

PS. Sorry for the cross post, I also posted in the generic windows
networking group.