Writing a Router using Winsock? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Writing a Router using Winsock? - Programmer ; Hi, I want to simulate a network, and build some additional functionality into a router. Can I use Winsock (using Visual C++ etc.) to program a router. Basically, I want to receive packets on one Network interface card, do some ...

  1. Writing a Router using Winsock?

    Hi,

    I want to simulate a network, and build some additional functionality
    into a router. Can I use Winsock (using Visual C++ etc.) to program a
    router. Basically, I want to receive packets on one Network interface
    card, do some computations etc. and then transmit the packets via
    another Network interface card.

    Your time, effort and suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    Jaco

  2. Re: Writing a Router using Winsock?

    jaco_versfeld@hotmail.com (Jaco Versfeld) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to simulate a network, and build some additional functionality
    > into a router. Can I use Winsock (using Visual C++ etc.) to program a
    > router.
    >WHY NOT SEARCH GOOGLE

    Basically, I want to receive packets on one Network interface
    > card, do some computations etc. and then transmit the packets via
    > another Network interface card.

    WHAT DO TOY REALLY THINKING OF DOING ?
    IS IT SNOOPING?

    > Your time, effort and suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    > Jaco

+ Reply to Thread