verify direct conntectivity between two nodes - Programmer

This is a discussion on verify direct conntectivity between two nodes - Programmer ; Hi I know that we can use PING to see if two nodes in a network are connected. However we want to know if two nodes (A and B) are DRRECTLY connected. If the link (interconnect) between the two nodes ...

  1. verify direct conntectivity between two nodes

    Hi
    I know that we can use PING to see if two nodes in a network are
    connected.

    However we want to know if two nodes (A and B) are DRRECTLY connected.
    If the link (interconnect) between the two nodes (A and B) is broken,
    PING will reroute the ICMP packets through another path (through C)
    and make it seem as if the two nodes are directly connected.
    Is there anyway (tool) to solve this problem? (Verify direct
    connectivity between two nodes given their names.)

    Thanks

    A-- XX -- B
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /

  2. Re: verify direct conntectivity between two nodes

    babak wrote:

    > Hi
    > I know that we can use PING to see if two nodes in a network are
    > connected.
    >
    > However we want to know if two nodes (A and B) are DRRECTLY connected.
    > If the link (interconnect) between the two nodes (A and B) is broken,
    > PING will reroute the ICMP packets through another path (through C)
    > and make it seem as if the two nodes are directly connected.
    > Is there anyway (tool) to solve this problem? (Verify direct
    > connectivity between two nodes given their names.)

    tracert

    --
    Corey Murtagh
    The Electric Monk