How to Switch NIC's Node Type from Hybrid to Broadcast? - Programmer

This is a discussion on How to Switch NIC's Node Type from Hybrid to Broadcast? - Programmer ; Hi Everyone, I have a Intel PRO/1000 MT Ntwk Adapter in a Windows 2000 Pro box that I'd like to switch to Broadcast. I believe the change will allow me to then ping the box successfully. Have uninstalled NIC (afterwhich, ...

  1. How to Switch NIC's Node Type from Hybrid to Broadcast?

    Hi Everyone,

    I have a Intel PRO/1000 MT Ntwk Adapter in a Windows 2000 Pro box that I'd
    like to switch to Broadcast.

    I believe the change will allow me to then ping the box successfully.

    Have uninstalled NIC (afterwhich, Node Type becomes Broadcast), but NIC's
    reinstall keeps setting it to Hybrid. Even after newest drivers are used!

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    If you wish, you can e-mail me at pandmi@remove123no45spam-hotmail.com

  2. Re: How to Switch NIC's Node Type from Hybrid to Broadcast?

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:46:32 +0000, P&M wrote:

    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I have a Intel PRO/1000 MT Ntwk Adapter in a Windows 2000 Pro box that I'd
    > like to switch to Broadcast.
    >
    > I believe the change will allow me to then ping the box successfully.
    >
    > Have uninstalled NIC (afterwhich, Node Type becomes Broadcast), but NIC's
    > reinstall keeps setting it to Hybrid. Even after newest drivers are used!
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > If you wish, you can e-mail me at pandmi@remove123no45spam-hotmail.com

    I don't know how to change the setting, but I think your assumption is
    wrong. Here's why...

    I believe that the node type setting controls the way the machine does
    netbios browsing a way of assimilating and advertising a list of netbios
    computers for display in the windows explorer. This has nothing whatsoever
    to do with whether the box responds to pings, which are related to IP
    protocol only.

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread