An Error with Service Control Manager - Programmer

This is a discussion on An Error with Service Control Manager - Programmer ; Hello, My Windows 2000 Advanced Server hadn't worked properly since I changed the ISP. In the Event Viewer, there is an error with Service Control Manager. The error description is: The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the ...

  1. An Error with Service Control Manager

    Hello,

    My Windows 2000 Advanced Server hadn't worked properly since I changed the
    ISP. In the Event Viewer, there is an error with Service Control Manager.
    The error description is:

    The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the following
    error:

    The authentication service is unknown.

    Can any body tell me how to deal with the problem? Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: An Error with Service Control Manager

    "Jianping Zhou" wrote in message news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > My Windows 2000 Advanced Server hadn't worked properly since I changed the
    > ISP. In the Event Viewer, there is an error with Service Control Manager.
    > The error description is:
    >
    > The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the following
    > error:
    >
    > The authentication service is unknown.
    >
    > Can any body tell me how to deal with the problem? Thank you in advance.

    Hi,
    This possibly means your Windows 2000 Professional computer does not
    have RPC service running.

    pls refer this link for getting some more details
    http://www.iisfaq.com/default.asp?View=A134

    Regards
    [Anaz K Kabeer]

+ Reply to Thread