promiscious mode please - Programmer

This is a discussion on promiscious mode please - Programmer ; hi. is there a way of programmatically setting my network card into promiscuous mode? Thanks...

  1. promiscious mode please

    hi. is there a way of programmatically setting my network card into
    promiscuous mode?

    Thanks

  2. Re: promiscious mode please

    Sure , you can do it through DeviceIOControl() or WSAIoctl set it with
    SIO_RCVALL ( from W2K )
    Arkady

    "Max" wrote in message
    > hi. is there a way of programmatically setting my network card into
    > promiscuous mode?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: promiscious mode please

    use DeviceIoControl() because WSAIoctl with SIO_RCVALL from W2K only as I
    wrote
    Arkady

    "Max" wrote in message

    > "arkadyf" wrote in message
    > > Sure , you can do it through DeviceIOControl() or WSAIoctl set it with
    > > SIO_RCVALL ( from W2K )
    > > Arkady

    > thanks. I saw some decent stuff on msdn thabks to your info but how do i

    do
    > it in win 98 ?

  4. Re: promiscious mode please

    If you download free sources of winpcap ( you can take ntpacket.exe (
    example of protocol driver in NT ) from MSDN - Q238652 ) you can find in
    pcap-win32.c line
    if (promisc) PacketSetHwFilter(p->adapter,NDIS_PACKET_TYPE_PROMISCUOUS);
    ( in pcap_open_live() )
    which result as call to DeviceIOControl in PacketRequest() ( one before
    PacketSetHwFilter() ) in packet32.c
    Arkady

    "arkadyf" wrote in message
    > use DeviceIoControl() because WSAIoctl with SIO_RCVALL from W2K only as I
    > wrote
    > Arkady
    >
    > "Max" wrote in

    message

    > > "arkadyf" wrote in message
    > > > Sure , you can do it through DeviceIOControl() or WSAIoctl set it with
    > > > SIO_RCVALL ( from W2K )
    > > > Arkady

    > > thanks. I saw some decent stuff on msdn thabks to your info but how do i

    > do
    > > it in win 98 ?

+ Reply to Thread