set screen saver - Programmer

This is a discussion on set screen saver - Programmer ; Hi Experts, What is the best way to make a screen saver to be the default? I would like to do this for XP and Vista, if possible. -WritePrivateProfileString seems to be obsolete -MS KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195655 seems to be ...

  1. set screen saver

    Hi Experts,

    What is the best way to make a screen saver to be the default? I
    would like to do this for XP and Vista, if possible.

    -WritePrivateProfileString seems to be obsolete

    -MS KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195655 seems to be
    for NT.

    Thank You, Feedscrn
    | The screen is hungry, Feed it! |

  2. Re: set screen saver

    On Sep 22, 5:11 pm, feedscrn wrote:
    > Hi Experts,
    >
    > What is the best way to make a screen saver to be the default? I
    > would like to do this for XP and Vista, if possible.
    >
    > -WritePrivateProfileString seems to be obsolete
    >
    > -MS KB article:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195655seems to be
    > for NT.
    >
    > Thank You, Feedscrn
    > +----------------------------------------------+
    > | The screen is hungry, Feed it! |
    > +----------------------------------------------+

    Hi,

    You can use the following APIs to programmatically read and
    write to the Windows registry, and set the screen saver:

    RegOpenKeyEx()

    RegQueryValueEx()

    RegCreateKeyEx()

    RegSetValueEx()