To display multi line as one item in a listbox - Programmer

This is a discussion on To display multi line as one item in a listbox - Programmer ; Hi, I am relatively new to Windows forms, i am using a listbox to show items in Compact Framework 2.0. I want to display something of this sort Name: John Email:john@gmail.com Phone:9817239821 Sex:Male This whole text should appear as one ...

  1. To display multi line as one item in a listbox

    Hi,

    I am relatively new to Windows forms, i am using a listbox to show
    items in Compact Framework 2.0. I want to display something of this
    sort

    Name: John Email:john@gmail.com
    Phone:9817239821 Sex:Male

    This whole text should appear as one item in the list box.
    I tried giving "\n" in the text, but it is showing a square box.
    Should i use an owner drawn listbox? If so, how do I display the
    enter, newline??

    Thanks in advance,
    Ashwath

  2. Re: To display multi line as one item in a listbox

    If you are going to post in multiple newsgroups, you really should
    post to all of them at the same time so everyone can see and
    participate in the whole discussion. You received at least one useful
    answer in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 00:44:56 -0700, kashwathkumar@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am relatively new to Windows forms, i am using a listbox to show
    >items in Compact Framework 2.0. I want to display something of this
    >sort
    >
    >Name: John Email:john@gmail.com
    >Phone:9817239821 Sex:Male
    >
    >This whole text should appear as one item in the list box.
    >I tried giving "\n" in the text, but it is showing a square box.
    >Should i use an owner drawn listbox? If so, how do I display the
    >enter, newline??
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Ashwath

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP