compile/link a program so it can be debugged - Programmer

This is a discussion on compile/link a program so it can be debugged - Programmer ; Hi, i use VC++ in MS VS .NET 2003. I created a program by calling the compiler and linker with command line parameters. This program works fine, but under some conditions it crashes. So i try to debug the program ...

  1. compile/link a program so it can be debugged

    Hi,

    i use VC++ in MS VS .NET 2003.

    I created a program by calling the compiler and linker with
    command line parameters. This program works fine, but under
    some conditions it crashes.

    So i try to debug the program (The .exe file) but i can't
    see no C source code, only assembler code.

    What command line options do i need to choose to create
    a program that i can debug in the MS VS .NET 2003 debugger?

    To my understanding i need to give the commans line option
    /DEBUG and /PDB:file.pdb . Are there any more?

    Thanks for any hints,
    Torsten.

  2. Re: compile/link a program so it can be debugged

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:39:27 +0200, Torsten Mohr
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >i use VC++ in MS VS .NET 2003.
    >
    >I created a program by calling the compiler and linker with
    >command line parameters. This program works fine, but under
    >some conditions it crashes.
    >
    >So i try to debug the program (The .exe file) but i can't
    >see no C source code, only assembler code.
    >
    >What command line options do i need to choose to create
    >a program that i can debug in the MS VS .NET 2003 debugger?

    For VC 6, you need to generate a database (.pdb) file, and the command
    line option is /Zi (slash, upper case zee/zed, lower case eye).

    >To my understanding i need to give the commans line option
    >/DEBUG and /PDB:file.pdb . Are there any more?
    >

    >Thanks for any hints,
    >Torsten.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.