Audio CD TOC and Audio Signal Retrieval - Programmer

This is a discussion on Audio CD TOC and Audio Signal Retrieval - Programmer ; I need to read the TOC (Table of Contents) of Audio CDs, access the appropriate pointers to the audio data (in the 2532 byte sectors) on the disk, then retireve the data. Would someone point me to the appropriate API ...

  1. Audio CD TOC and Audio Signal Retrieval

    I need to read the TOC (Table of Contents) of Audio CDs, access the
    appropriate pointers to the audio data (in the 2532 byte sectors) on
    the disk, then retireve the data.

    Would someone point me to the appropriate API calls or IOCTL calls to
    do this? Is it practical to do in VB, or is VC recommended?

    Thanks in advance,
    TomCee

  2. Re: Audio CD TOC and Audio Signal Retrieval

    "tomcee" wrote in message
    news:1183142988.961964.251180@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > I need to read the TOC (Table of Contents) of Audio CDs, access the
    > appropriate pointers to the audio data (in the 2532 byte sectors) on
    > the disk, then retireve the data.
    >
    > Would someone point me to the appropriate API calls or IOCTL calls to
    > do this? Is it practical to do in VB, or is VC recommended?

    CDINFO is an MSVC sample, which, at a glance, appears to do exactly that. Or
    perhaps close enough.

    "The CD Info sample draws a pie chart representing the length of tracks off the
    audio CD that is in the drive. It uses the Media Control Interface (MCI) APIs to
    retrieve this information. The sample also demonstrates how to use the tooltip
    common control to implement tooltips for your control. The tooltip displays the
    track length for the track represented by the pie chart segment that the cursor
    is over."

    -- a direct link: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...82(VS.71).aspx

    [Jongware]

  3. Re: Audio CD TOC and Audio Signal Retrieval

    On Jul 7, 5:54 am, "[Jongware]" wrote:
    > "tomcee" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1183142988.961964.251180@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >
    > > I need to read the TOC (Table of Contents) of Audio CDs, access the
    > > appropriate pointers to the audio data (in the 2532 byte sectors) on
    > > the disk, then retireve the data.

    > > Would someone point me to the appropriate API calls or IOCTL calls to
    > > do this? Is it practical to do in VB, or is VC recommended?

    > CDINFO is an MSVC sample, which, at a glance, appears to do exactly that. Or
    > perhaps close enough.
    >
    > "The CD Info sample draws a pie chart representing the length of tracks off the
    > audio CD that is in the drive. It uses the Media Control Interface (MCI) APIs to
    > retrieve this information. The sample also demonstrates how to use the tooltip
    > common control to implement tooltips for your control. The tooltip displays the
    > track length for the track represented by the pie chart segment that the cursor
    > is over."
    >
    > -- a direct link:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...82(VS.71).aspx
    >
    > [Jongware]

    Thanks; I'll check it out!