Writing a Task Scheduler - Programmer

This is a discussion on Writing a Task Scheduler - Programmer ; I wanted to learn how to start writing the task scheduler. Which Win 32 API's will be reqd and how can i implement them??...

  1. Writing a Task Scheduler

    I wanted to learn how to start writing the task scheduler.
    Which Win 32 API's will be reqd and how can i implement them??

  2. Re: Writing a Task Scheduler

    On Jun 1, 5:50 am, Akshay Ranjan wrote:
    > I wanted to learn how to start writing the task scheduler.
    > Which Win 32 API's will be reqd and how can i implement them??

    Hi,

    One option available for scheduled tasks is to use the Win32 APIs
    that would allow your application to start & sleep (waitable timer),
    until it is time to perform some jobs, case in point:

    CreateWaitableTimer()
    SetWaitableTimer()
    WaitForSingleObjectEx()
    CancelWaitableTimer()
    OR,
    NetScheduleJobAdd()

    Also, if you have the WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation),
    you can use the following class to Schedule tasks as well:

    Win32_ScheduledJob

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tabletimer.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tabletimer.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...leobjectex.asp