Help; PlaySound, SND_ASYNC - Programmer

This is a discussion on Help; PlaySound, SND_ASYNC - Programmer ; Hi, I can play a sound async using PlaySound but is there a callback or something to let me know when the sound has finished playing? (I know I can stop the sound by calling PlaySound again.) I need to ...

  1. Help; PlaySound, SND_ASYNC

    Hi,

    I can play a sound async using PlaySound but is there a callback or
    something to let me know when the sound has finished playing? (I know I can
    stop the sound by calling PlaySound again.)

    I need to play a couple of sounds sequentially and therefore need to know
    when one's finished to play the next. (I can't use the SND_SYNC flag.)

    Any help appreciated.

    Paul

  2. Re: Help; PlaySound, SND_ASYNC

    "pf" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I can play a sound async using PlaySound but is there a callback or
    > something to let me know when the sound has finished playing? (I know I
    > can stop the sound by calling PlaySound again.)
    >
    > I need to play a couple of sounds sequentially and therefore need to know
    > when one's finished to play the next. (I can't use the SND_SYNC flag.)
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    If it's really true that you can't run syncronously in a separate working
    thread (problem being abort before return) then i think you'll have to use
    waveOutWrite to output what you need. Or you could break the data up into
    suitable fragments and send then to sound system with PlaySound and
    SND_MEMORY.

    -Sten

+ Reply to Thread