How to Read and Write on Parallel Port using C in Windows XP - Programmer

This is a discussion on How to Read and Write on Parallel Port using C in Windows XP - Programmer ; Hello, I want to create a small project which will display scrolling text on LED that will be attached to Parallel port. I want to create this project in C language(possibly in Mingw) on Windows XP. I want to know ...

  1. How to Read and Write on Parallel Port using C in Windows XP

    Hello,

    I want to create a small project which will display scrolling text on
    LED that will be attached to Parallel port. I want to create this
    project in C language(possibly in Mingw) on Windows XP. I want to know
    how can i access(read and write data) on parallel port in XP.

    I have a program that do the same thing but in its documentation it
    says that it will not work on Windows XP.

    I want to create a GUI for this project in which we can enter the
    desired Text to display on LED and Scrolling Speed.

    Is it possible to create this Project in C?

    Please Help me how can i create this project.

  2. Re: How to Read and Write on Parallel Port using C in Windows XP

    chotu wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to create a small project which will display scrolling text on
    > LED that will be attached to Parallel port. I want to create this
    > project in C language(possibly in Mingw) on Windows XP. I want to know
    > how can i access(read and write data) on parallel port in XP.
    >
    > I have a program that do the same thing but in its documentation it
    > says that it will not work on Windows XP.
    >
    > I want to create a GUI for this project in which we can enter the
    > desired Text to display on LED and Scrolling Speed.
    >
    > Is it possible to create this Project in C?
    >
    > Please Help me how can i create this project.

    You will need a device driver. You can probably find a free one, and
    other useful tips, here:

    http://www.lvr.com/parport.htm

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]