Hello All,

I am developing an application which runs as a Windows service. I
would like to know what, if any, messages to expect when the system is
put into Standby or Hibernate states. Can I expect a service stop
control message, or a service pause control message? I may have
socket connections open which need to be closed.

I would like to hear other developers' experiences on this, and also
find any authoritative articles on the topic (which I have not found
yet - all I have found out is that XP with 2Gb of RAM doesn't
hibernate nicely!!!)

FYI, I am developing in VB6, and using the ntsvc.ocx control for the
service interface. I know this is not state of the art, or even
recommended by certain standards, but this is what I am doing if it
helps for more relevant comments.

Regards,
Nicolas