File append - Programmer

This is a discussion on File append - Programmer ; I'm not a programmer. Could a simple .bat file be written that appended the clipboard to a given text file? JimL --...

  1. File append

    --

  2. Re: File append

    schreef in bericht
    > I'm not a programmer.
    >
    > Could a simple .bat file be written that appended the clipboard to a given
    > text file?
    >

    > JimL
    >
    > --

    i think it cannot, because the clipboard might contain 'non-text' data...

  3. Re: File append

    wrote in message
    > I'm not a programmer.
    >
    > Could a simple .bat file be written that appended the clipboard to a given
    > text file?

    yes, there are console tools for such things. I think one is in the Reskit
    but any download site and google should be able to help you out. But why use
    Bat scripts with better tools around.. i think kixstart has such
    functionality for instance.

    - Sten

  4. Re: File append

    In , on 02/08/07
    at 10:40 AM, "Sten Westerback \(MVP SDK\)"
    said:

    > wrote in message
    >> I'm not a programmer.
    >>
    >> Could a simple .bat file be written that appended the clipboard to a given
    >> text file?

    >yes, there are console tools for such things. I think one is in the
    >Reskit but any download site and google should be able to help you out.
    >But why use Bat scripts with better tools around.. i think kixstart has
    >such functionality for instance.

    >- Sten

    Thanks.

    I must put heavy emphasis on the word "simple" in my first post. My
    intent was to judge whether the end result I'm looking for is a difficult
    thing for someone to get to. That end result is a similar utility to one
    I used heavily under the OS I spent a considerable part of my 67 years
    using. (Not only am I not a programmer, even of bat scripts, I am new to
    windows.) That utility is a kind of clipboard saver that appends dated
    entries to a text file.

    From one click at a time I have accumulated years worth of numbered files
    that hold a _wide_ variety of dated, searchable, editable, small and large
    text entries - tips, recipes, receipts, letters, movie lists, you name it.
    These are very useful and I hope I can find a way to keep on making them
    as easily as before - one click does it. I've searched (and asked) for
    months and have been unable to find any such clipboard utility. None
    produce a searchable/editable, accumulated text file of virtually
    unlimited size.

    I had hoped that "append clipboard to clipsave.txt following current date"
    was something simple enough that I could pay someone to write it. My
    budget precludes anything complicated and my thinker precludes learning to
    program it myself (for reasons I don't need to go into).

    JimL

+ Reply to Thread