I think I found a bug with these INF files. I have downloaded the VB6
runtime and modified the INF files to change the FileCopy flags to 32 (which
will check file version and suppress the dialog box). The problem I found is
that it doesn't matter how many times I run it, it will overwrite the file
each time, even when it is not necessary, because it is the same version. It
seems like that flag doesn't do anything at all. I know this because I check
the file creation date. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I ran the INF
file by right-clicking and Install under Win95 and Win98.

[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"
AdvancedINF=2.5,%BadAdvpackVer%

[SourceDisksNames]
;1="default",,1
1=%InstallTitle%,,0

[Strings]
InstallTitle="VB6 Update"
BadAdvpackVer="This setup requires a newer version of the Setup API"

[DefaultInstall]
;CheckAdminRights=1
CopyFiles=install.files
RegisterOCXs=RegisterFiles