HTML Help in multiple languages - Programmer

This is a discussion on HTML Help in multiple languages - Programmer ; I have an application that is using the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop. It works well. But now I'd like to have the help available in multiple languages, e.g., English and German. In the project options, you can set what the ...

  1. HTML Help in multiple languages

    I have an application that is using the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
    It works well. But now I'd like to have the help available in multiple
    languages, e.g., English and German.

    In the project options, you can set what the language is, but it looks
    like one project can be in at most one language.

    How can I provide help in multiple languages? Have one project per
    language? Then, at run time, determine what the current OS language is
    myself and use the HTML Help API to open the right .chm file?

    - Paul

  2. Re: HTML Help in multiple languages

    "Paul J. Lucas" wrote in
    message news:Wjath.72506$wP1.8014@newssvr14.news.prodigy.n et...
    >I have an application that is using the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
    > It works well. But now I'd like to have the help available in multiple
    > languages, e.g., English and German.
    >
    > In the project options, you can set what the language is, but it looks
    > like one project can be in at most one language.
    >
    > How can I provide help in multiple languages? Have one project per
    > language? Then, at run time, determine what the current OS language is
    > myself and use the HTML Help API to open the right .chm file?

    yes

    - Sten

+ Reply to Thread