Writing an uninstaller - Programmer

This is a discussion on Writing an uninstaller - Programmer ; Hi I'm writing an application which needs an uninstall option. I can set the registry values so the item appears in the Add/Remove Programs applet. The application exists in a single directory so what i need is advice or pointers ...

  1. Writing an uninstaller

    Hi
    I'm writing an application which needs an uninstall option.

    I can set the registry values so the item appears in the Add/Remove Programs
    applet.

    The application exists in a single directory so what i need is advice or
    pointers as to how i can write an application that can delete itself and the
    directory it is currently in.
    (IE. i need an app like "c:\program files\MyApp\uninstall.exe" which will
    delete the "c:\program files\MyApp\" directory).

    Thanks in Advance.

  2. Re: Writing an uninstaller

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:46:25 GMT, "PGC" wrote:

    clip

    >The application exists in a single directory so what i need is advice or
    >pointers as to how i can write an application that can delete itself and the
    >directory it is currently in.

    See my 4 Nov 04 contribution to a thread called "Self-deleting EXE" in
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478