Cancel dialog without resource template? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Cancel dialog without resource template? - Programmer ; For a very simple program, it is possible to create a simple dialog box that just contains a string and a Cancel buton without having to use a resource template? I.e., something like MessageBox(), but not modal. - Paul...

  1. Cancel dialog without resource template?

    For a very simple program, it is possible to create a simple
    dialog box that just contains a string and a Cancel buton
    without having to use a resource template? I.e., something
    like MessageBox(), but not modal.

    - Paul

  2. Re: Cancel dialog without resource template?

    On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:20:03 GMT,
    pauljlucas.removethis@removethistoo.mac.com (Paul J. Lucas) wrote:

    > For a very simple program, it is possible to create a simple
    > dialog box that just contains a string and a Cancel buton
    > without having to use a resource template? I.e., something
    > like MessageBox(), but not modal.

    Yes, it is possible. For some pointers, see a 26-27 Jan 2006 thread
    called "Dialog Templates in Memory" in
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui

    > - Paul

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP