Printing a TIFF file - Programmer

This is a discussion on Printing a TIFF file - Programmer ; I've found some sample code on MSDN about how to interact with the print dialog boxes, but is there any sample code somewhere that shows how to print a TIFF image file to a printer? - Paul...

  1. Printing a TIFF file

    I've found some sample code on MSDN about how to interact with
    the print dialog boxes, but is there any sample code somewhere
    that shows how to print a TIFF image file to a printer?

    - Paul

  2. Re: Printing a TIFF file

    "Paul J. Lucas" wrote in
    message news:1khfh.4834$Gr2.1012@newssvr21.news.prodigy.ne t...
    > I've found some sample code on MSDN about how to interact with
    > the print dialog boxes, but is there any sample code somewhere
    > that shows how to print a TIFF image file to a printer?

    Most likely not -- but there must be some bitmap printing samples. Loading a
    TIFF into Windows requires a lot of programming, or using a prepped library,
    but as soon as you can convert it to a regular BMP it's as easy as drawing
    it in the printers' DC.

    [Jw]

  3. Re: Printing a TIFF file

    [jongware] wrote...
    > "Paul J. Lucas" wrote in
    > message news:1khfh.4834$Gr2.1012@newssvr21.news.prodigy.ne t...
    > > I've found some sample code on MSDN about how to interact with
    > > the print dialog boxes, but is there any sample code somewhere
    > > that shows how to print a TIFF image file to a printer?

    > Most likely not -- but there must be some bitmap printing samples. Loading a
    > TIFF into Windows requires a lot of programming, or using a prepped library,
    > but as soon as you can convert it to a regular BMP it's as easy as drawing
    > it in the printers' DC.

    If you're not opposed to COM, you can probably use an OLE picture
    (OleLoadPicture / OleLoadPicturePath, followed by IPicture::Render onto
    the printer DC). It shouldn't take much code.

    David

  4. Re: Printing a TIFF file

    "David Jones" wrote in message
    > [jongware] wrote...
    >> "Paul J. Lucas" wrote in
    >> message news:1khfh.4834$Gr2.1012@newssvr21.news.prodigy.ne t...
    >> > I've found some sample code on MSDN about how to interact with
    >> > the print dialog boxes, but is there any sample code somewhere
    >> > that shows how to print a TIFF image file to a printer?

    >> Most likely not -- but there must be some bitmap printing samples.
    >> TIFF into Windows requires a lot of programming, or using a prepped
    >> library,
    >> but as soon as you can convert it to a regular BMP it's as easy as
    >> drawing
    >> it in the printers' DC.

    > If you're not opposed to COM, you can probably use an OLE picture
    > (OleLoadPicture / OleLoadPicturePath, followed by IPicture::Render onto
    > the printer DC). It shouldn't take much code.

    One can also use the built-in decoders in GDI+. Search for "Using Image
    Encoders and Decoders" in MSDN.

    - Sten

+ Reply to Thread