problem on hiding console window - Programmer

This is a discussion on problem on hiding console window - Programmer ; Dear All, Would you please give me a hint on how to hide the console window opened by _popen? I appreciate your kind help! Shuisheng...

  1. problem on hiding console window

    Dear All,

    Would you please give me a hint on how to hide the console window
    opened by _popen?

    I appreciate your kind help!

    Shuisheng

  2. Re: problem on hiding console window

    "shuisheng" wrote in message
    news:1162934399.517159.136890@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Dear All,
    >
    > Would you please give me a hint on how to hide the console window
    > opened by _popen?
    >

    > I appreciate your kind help!

    GetConsoleWindow() will give you the HWND from within the started process.
    Then you can SetWindowPos().

    If you don't have code of the stated app then you'll just have to start it
    the way you want (and the way most users would consider a virus) by using
    CreateProcess() to start it hidden. For redirection of stdout to a memory
    buffer you may use the code snipet i posted some months ago in some of these
    groups, probably comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.
    Google with "Sten CreateProcess pipe" should find it....

    - Sten

+ Reply to Thread