I am trying to get the degree symbol to work in a Korean version of
windows. Normally we just type in the symbol in the text but in Korea
it takes the F or C following and turns the two into some Korean
character. I tried using UTF-8 encoding and creating a character
array:

char x[] = { 0xC2, 0xB0, 'F', '\0'};

Then it turns puts some character in place of the degree symbol and in
English windows it has some garbage character followed by the degree
symbol.

I also tried using MultiByteToWideChar and passing the result to
SendDlgItemMessageW instead of the ifdeffed macro that calls A
functions. Used the following:

wchar_t x[5];
MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, MB_PRECOMPOSED, szTempUnits[i], -1, x,
5);

This works exactly like just sending the string the standard way. I
tried a couple of different ways, inculding using CP_UTF8 and changing
to the above array initialization but I'm not getting any closer to a
solution. I've found numerous ways to display garbage characters but
nothing that works the way I want. Any help?