Shared memory implementation in Windows - Programmer

This is a discussion on Shared memory implementation in Windows - Programmer ; Hi All, I am very new to Windows. I am stuck up in Windows shared memory implementation. The requirement is 1. I need to create a shared memory. 2. The writer process need to write to a file, which is ...

  1. Shared memory implementation in Windows

    Hi All,

    I am very new to Windows. I am stuck up in Windows shared memory
    implementation.

    The requirement is

    1. I need to create a shared memory.
    2. The writer process need to write to a file, which is in the shared
    memory.
    3. The reader processes would read from the file simultaneously, which
    is in the shared memory.

    Can anyone pls guide me in this shared memory implementation.

    Thanks in advance ................

    regards,
    Tom.

  2. Re: Shared memory implementation in Windows

    thomaspoly@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am very new to Windows. I am stuck up in Windows shared memory
    > implementation.
    >
    > The requirement is
    >
    > 1. I need to create a shared memory.
    > 2. The writer process need to write to a file, which is in the shared
    > memory.
    > 3. The reader processes would read from the file simultaneously, which
    > is in the shared memory.
    >
    > Can anyone pls guide me in this shared memory implementation.
    >
    > Thanks in advance ................
    >
    > regards,
    > Tom.

    Look up CreateFileMapping and it leads you to this examaple:

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread