I am planning on an app that allows other people exe's to communicate
with it no matter what language or operating system they are using. The
main app will launch the exe and as such will be able to have the stdin
/ stdout redirected to itself for communication using CreateProcess()
(will figure out a *nix equivilant later on) method in the WIN32 API.

I know this will work with exe's created in C/C++, VB and likely most
other languages, however I am not sure whether it would work with a
java application as they are not compiled binaries - can anyone
reassure as to whether or not it will work with java before I begin.

Also any comments of better ways of doing this will be much
appreciated. I am using C++ for the main app.

Cheers
CBAR