word 6.0 files to text - Programmer

This is a discussion on word 6.0 files to text - Programmer ; I am working on a project to extract the text part from a word 6.0 binary file. The format is very messy and I am unable to calculate the beginning of text from the FIB(File Information Block). I would like ...

  1. word 6.0 files to text

    I am working on a project to extract the text part from a word 6.0
    binary file. The format is very messy and I am unable to calculate the
    beginning of text from the FIB(File Information Block). I would like to
    know how I can do the same? Which are the other data structures I would
    have to consider for locating all the text in a word 6.0 binary file.

    Help!!!

  2. Re: word 6.0 files to text

    wrote in message
    news:1157879950.555480.301370@p79g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    > I am working on a project to extract the text part from a word 6.0
    > binary file. The format is very messy and I am unable to calculate the
    > beginning of text from the FIB(File Information Block). I would like to
    > know how I can do the same? Which are the other data structures I would
    > have to consider for locating all the text in a word 6.0 binary file.
    >
    > Help!!!

    Fiddled with Word and gave up, some 4 yrs ago. Still--
    Are you using the Win API StgIsStorageFile, StgOpenStorage (and some more)?
    These functions (in , OTOH) skip the messy parts of the internal
    file structure, and lets you access the mean big main data chunks
    immediately. One of the chunks is of type "WordDocument"; this is the one
    starting with a FIB (= File Information Block?) structure. One of its
    elements is fib.fcMin: "fcMin - file offset of first character of text" in
    my documentation.
    That said, you can also google for AntiWord.

    [Jongware]

+ Reply to Thread