Programmatically prevent suspend? - Programmer

This is a discussion on Programmatically prevent suspend? - Programmer ; My application must prevent the system from suspending or hibernating, and it is continuously talking to the hardware, and won't survive the real-time interruption (and can't recover, because the hardware state it not perfectly restore). Somebody please point me to ...

  1. Programmatically prevent suspend?

    My application must prevent the system from suspending or hibernating, and it is
    continuously talking to the hardware, and won't survive the real-time interruption (and
    can't recover, because the hardware state it not perfectly restore).

    Somebody please point me to sample code for XP. The MSDN help is extensive - too
    extensive; I'd like to avoid experimentation.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    #include
    _

  2. Re: Programmatically prevent suspend?

    On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:12:09 -0700, Kevin D. Quitt
    wrote:

    >My application must prevent the system from suspending or hibernating, and it is
    >continuously talking to the hardware, and won't survive the real-time interruption (and
    >can't recover, because the hardware state it not perfectly restore).
    >
    >Somebody please point me to sample code for XP. The MSDN help is extensive - too
    >extensive; I'd like to avoid experimentation.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Check out the
    WM_POWERBROADCAST
    message

    Jim

  3. Re: Programmatically prevent suspend?

    On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:15:21 +1000, JimS wrote:
    >On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:12:09 -0700, Kevin D. Quitt
    >wrote:
    >>can't recover, because the hardware state it not perfectly restore).

    I can't believe I wrote that. Well, I *was* on hour 13 at work.

    >Check out the
    >WM_POWERBROADCAST
    >message

    Thank you. That's what I was afraid of, and why I was hoping for sample code.

    --
    #include
    _