Hi,

I'm using VC++ 6 and was wondering if there was any compelling reason to
upgrade to Visual Studio 2005. I only use C++ and MFC. My apps are
linked to not use DLLs and I don't need SQL & .net

I've downloaded Visual Studio 2005 C++ Express and for my use I really
can't see any reason for me to use the Standard or Professional
versions. I also can't see any advantage in the Express edition over
VC++ 6. (but the IDE looks prettier)

I suppose I'm worried about my app's compatibility with Vista and in
particular, as I mentioned on another post, wave audio (waveInOpen etc).

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul