Visual Studio Express & wave audio - Programmer

This is a discussion on Visual Studio Express & wave audio - Programmer ; Hi, I downloaded VC++ Express and it doesn't seem to support wave audio (waveInOpen, waveOutOpen etc).. well can't find it anyway. As all my apps are written using wave audio does the Standard and Professional versions support it? I'm thinking ...

  1. Visual Studio Express & wave audio

    Hi,

    I downloaded VC++ Express and it doesn't seem to support wave audio
    (waveInOpen, waveOutOpen etc).. well can't find it anyway. As all my
    apps are written using wave audio does the Standard and Professional
    versions support it?

    I'm thinking of upgrading from VC/C++ 6.0.

    Thanks,

    Paul

  2. Re: Visual Studio Express & wave audio

    Paul Fredlein wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I downloaded VC++ Express and it doesn't seem to support wave audio
    > (waveInOpen, waveOutOpen etc).. well can't find it anyway. As all my
    > apps are written using wave audio does the Standard and Professional
    > versions support it?
    >
    > I'm thinking of upgrading from VC/C++ 6.0.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul

    Express does not include the SDK, which is available as a different free
    download. You need the SDK.

    All VC++ versions support waveIn... if they have the proper headers and
    libraries installed, which come from the SDK.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

+ Reply to Thread