Problem using GetDllDirectory - Programmer

This is a discussion on Problem using GetDllDirectory - Programmer ; Hi all, Windows XP, SP2 VC++ 7 (cl 13.10.3077) When I try to use the GetDllDirectory() function, I get error 127, i.e "The specified procedure could not be found". As per the instructions, I've built with -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0502. I also tried ...

  1. Problem using GetDllDirectory

    Hi all,

    Windows XP, SP2
    VC++ 7 (cl 13.10.3077)

    When I try to use the GetDllDirectory() function, I get error 127, i.e
    "The specified procedure could not be found".

    As per the instructions, I've built with -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0502. I also
    tried linking in kernel32.lib explicitly and including winbase.h
    directly, but to no avail.

    According to the docs, the GetDllDirectory() function was made
    available in SP1, and I can see the function prototype in winbase.h.
    What's the deal?

    Thanks,

    Dan

  2. Re: Problem using GetDllDirectory

    Hi,

    The function GetDllDirectory() returns whatever value has been
    previously set by calling the API SetDllDirectory(), you should
    first use the API SetDllDirectory() to add or set the directories
    that will be searched when the system looks for a .DLL file.

    SetDllDirectory()

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ldirectory.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ldirectory.asp

    Hope these suggestions helps,