How to read (RTL) - Programmer

This is a discussion on How to read (RTL) - Programmer ; I am not sure which group would be an appropriate one to ask this question. I thought these groups would be appropriate ones, if not, let me know where should I post this article. microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tools comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc microsoft.public.vc.language comp.programming.threads Question ======== ...

  1. How to read (RTL)

    I am not sure which group would be an appropriate one to ask this
    question. I thought these groups would be appropriate ones, if not, let
    me know where should I post this article.

    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tools
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc
    microsoft.public.vc.language
    comp.programming.threads

    Question
    ========

    Any ideas which software is used to open .rtl files or how to read
    contents of a .rtl file or how to export contents of a .rtl files in
    ..txt or .xls format?

    I downloaded a lottery software from justlottery.com. This software has
    import function to import lottery numbers from a text file but does not
    have an export function.

    All the numbers are stored in .rtl files (which I believe is run time
    library files). I was wondering if numbers from these files can be
    exported to .xls or .txt files

  2. Re: How to read (RTL)

    Here are sample .rtl files

    http://www.justlottery.com/dwnld/INDSuperlotto.rtl
    http://www.justlottery.com/dwnld/INDThunderball.rtl
    http://www.justlottery.com/dwnld/INDFast.rtl

    Information stored in these .rtl files are like these:

    For INDSuperlotto.rtl :
    00001 28 03 2002: 14 21 22 29 39 43
    00002 04 04 2002: 07 24 27 28 29 47

    For INDThunderball.rtl :
    00001 07 09 2004: 12 16 21 30 31 TB 03
    00002 14 09 2004: 17 18 30 39 42 TB 04

    For INDFast.rtl :
    00001 01 09 2004: 05 06 10 13 30
    00002 02 09 2004: 07 08 23 24 31

    I have included first and second records in each files. There are too
    many that I want to decode

    If you have download the software, Click on History (book symbol) to
    read .rtl files from within the software.

  3. Re: How to read (RTL)

    "Maxi" wrote in message
    news:1145007914.332339.97320@i40g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > Here are sample .rtl files
    >
    > http://www.justlottery.com/dwnld/INDSuperlotto.rtl
    > http://www.justlottery.com/dwnld/INDThunderball.rtl
    > http://www.justlottery.com/dwnld/INDFast.rtl
    >
    > Information stored in these .rtl files are like these:
    >
    > For INDSuperlotto.rtl :
    > 00001 28 03 2002: 14 21 22 29 39 43
    > 00002 04 04 2002: 07 24 27 28 29 47
    >
    > For INDThunderball.rtl :
    > 00001 07 09 2004: 12 16 21 30 31 TB 03
    > 00002 14 09 2004: 17 18 30 39 42 TB 04
    >
    > For INDFast.rtl :
    > 00001 01 09 2004: 05 06 10 13 30
    > 00002 02 09 2004: 07 08 23 24 31
    >
    > I have included first and second records in each files. There are too
    > many that I want to decode
    >
    > If you have download the software, Click on History (book symbol) to
    > read .rtl files from within the software.

    Well I dint download the software. Looking at INDSuperlotto file you
    supplied, it seems the first long word is the number of records (300) --
    each record is 28 bytes long so that does add up nicely (300*28 = 8,400 --
    the file size). After the first dword there are 3 words, 1 long word, 5
    words and then some long word which always seem to be 0.
    Write yourself a console program to output the file as ASCII text and
    compare to what the actual program shows.
    For example, the first line should read
    300, 1, 28, 3, 0xe08d2, 21, 22, 29, 39, 43, 0
    ... (299 lines more like this)
    My preference is to show the unknown long in hex until it proves to be sth
    else (it might be just a checksum).
    Note that this first line is quite different from the example you show
    above -- I wonder how you got those!
    I assume the other files have a similar, if not exactly the same, layout.

    [jongware] -- Getting the answers -- even though this is more .misc than
    average.

+ Reply to Thread