MS VC++ question - Programmer

This is a discussion on MS VC++ question - Programmer ; Hi, I'm not sure whether this is the right place for my question. If not, please point me to the right one. I develop an application with MS-VC++ (still 6.0) and I would like to include a statement that displays ...

  1. MS VC++ question

    Hi,

    I'm not sure whether this is the right place for my question. If not,
    please point me to the right one.

    I develop an application with MS-VC++ (still 6.0) and I would like to
    include a statement that displays the date of last compilation (like
    "printf ("Programm xy, last generated at %s", COMPILEDATE);"), whereby
    the date/time string should be filled by the compiler/preprocessor, so
    that I do not have to update it each time.
    Is there a possibility to get the compiledate e.g. by a pragma or a
    predefined variable?

    Thanks,
    Gerd

  2. Re: MS VC++ question

    On 23 Mar 2006 04:58:08 -0800, "Gerd" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm not sure whether this is the right place for my question. If not,
    >please point me to the right one.
    >
    >I develop an application with MS-VC++ (still 6.0) and I would like to
    >include a statement that displays the date of last compilation (like
    >"printf ("Programm xy, last generated at %s", COMPILEDATE);"), whereby
    >the date/time string should be filled by the compiler/preprocessor, so
    >that I do not have to update it each time.
    >Is there a possibility to get the compiledate e.g. by a pragma or a
    >predefined variable?

    __DATE__ and __TIME__

    Note double underline before and after, and upper case.

    >Thanks,
    >Gerd

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.