Change IP address of packets - Programmer

This is a discussion on Change IP address of packets - Programmer ; Hello All, Can I change the IP Address of packets going to network from my machine. On my machine i am running a number of virtual machines and want to send data with IP Address of virtual machine, but Wndows ...

  1. Change IP address of packets

    Hello All,

    Can I change the IP Address of packets going to network from my
    machine. On my machine i am running a number of virtual machines and
    want to send data with IP Address of virtual machine, but Wndows socket
    is connected to NIC card and socket place IP address os phyisical
    machine, i want to replce this IP Address to virtual machine IP
    address.

    I am using WinXP.

    Thanks in advance..

    Vibhor Mahajan

  2. Re: Change IP address of packets

    mahajan.vibhor@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Can I change the IP Address of packets going to network from my
    > machine. On my machine i am running a number of virtual machines and
    > want to send data with IP Address of virtual machine, but Wndows socket
    > is connected to NIC card and socket place IP address os phyisical
    > machine, i want to replce this IP Address to virtual machine IP
    > address.

    Yes, you can add more than one IP address to the NIC in the TCP/IP
    properties dialog for the NIC. In your code, use bind() on each created
    socket to specify which local IP address should be used.

    --
    Olof Lagerkvist
    ICQ: 724451

+ Reply to Thread