DLL Registering Problem - Programmer

This is a discussion on DLL Registering Problem - Programmer ; Hi all, I have compiled a vj++ component and for some needs i copied the same project in different folder and change the project name and output dll name too. again i compiled with the new one. Now i try ...

  1. DLL Registering Problem

    Hi all,

    I have compiled a vj++ component and for some needs i copied the same
    project in different folder and change the project name and output dll
    name too. again i compiled with the new one. Now i try to register
    these two dll's and get succeeded. For a test i opened up a sample vb
    project and try to give reference from these two dll's. But what
    happend is if i give the 1.dll it referred and if i try to give the
    2.dll as a reference am unable to do that. For ex(a.dll and a_test.dll
    is two dlls and when i give reference to a.dll i can..but if i try to
    give a_test.dll to the same application i won't come in the reference
    dialog box)

    Can you please give any idea regarding this?

    Venkatesh

  2. Re: DLL Registering Problem

    is this an activex object? The last registered dll will be the one used...
    Change the object name in a_test and then you should be able to use both.

    note: I have not used vj++ and this is just a guess.

    On 21 Feb 2006 01:33:08 -0800, yesvenkat@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have compiled a vj++ component and for some needs i copied the same
    >project in different folder and change the project name and output dll
    >name too. again i compiled with the new one. Now i try to register
    >these two dll's and get succeeded. For a test i opened up a sample vb
    >project and try to give reference from these two dll's. But what
    >happend is if i give the 1.dll it referred and if i try to give the
    >2.dll as a reference am unable to do that. For ex(a.dll and a_test.dll
    >is two dlls and when i give reference to a.dll i can..but if i try to
    >give a_test.dll to the same application i won't come in the reference
    >dialog box)
    >
    >Can you please give any idea regarding this?
    >
    >Venkatesh

    --- AntiSpam/harvest ---
    Remove X's to send email to me.

  3. Re: DLL Registering Problem

    Thanks josh..Are u mentioning the classes which is inside this dll?
    there are 6 to 7 classes which are with same name in 1st and 2nd dll..

    Josh Assing wrote:

    > is this an activex object? The last registered dll will be the one used...
    > Change the object name in a_test and then you should be able to use both.
    >
    > note: I have not used vj++ and this is just a guess.
    >
    > On 21 Feb 2006 01:33:08 -0800, yesvenkat@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >I have compiled a vj++ component and for some needs i copied the same
    > >project in different folder and change the project name and output dll
    > >name too. again i compiled with the new one. Now i try to register
    > >these two dll's and get succeeded. For a test i opened up a sample vb
    > >project and try to give reference from these two dll's. But what
    > >happend is if i give the 1.dll it referred and if i try to give the
    > >2.dll as a reference am unable to do that. For ex(a.dll and a_test.dll
    > >is two dlls and when i give reference to a.dll i can..but if i try to
    > >give a_test.dll to the same application i won't come in the reference
    > >dialog box)
    > >
    > >Can you please give any idea regarding this?
    > >
    > >Venkatesh

    > --- AntiSpam/harvest ---
    > Remove X's to send email to me.

+ Reply to Thread