Dissatisfied Customer's Message to Bill Gates:
Ineffectual, rude, and insulting tech support will send MS customers
to competitors!

It is bad enough that Windows XP Professional has many problems and
that Microsoft takes away jobs from qualified Americans through
outsourcing. With all due respect, to provide rude and ineffective
technical support, as I have just experienced, not only adds insult to
injury; it provides motivation to buy anything but a Microsoft
product!

As a result of a defective Windows XP Professional operating system
that MS has been unable to repair so far and a never kept call-back
appointment by a technician, I got a call from Microsoft where a man
who identified himself as Douglas Mullen, Manager of Microsoft in Nova
Scotia, was rude, obnoxious and insulting. He refused to let me speak
to his supervisor and even made a disparaging remark concerning the
Pope before he hung up on me!

I am having multiple problems with Windows XP Professional retail
version that I recently installed on a new hard drive. The worst is
that my MICROSOFT optical mouse (and other types of mice) freezes up
the os. After spending hours on the phone dealing with a
difficult-to-understand accent and poor telephone connection and with
a technician from India who apparently did not have either the
knowledge or ability to resolve the problems, I reluctantly
rescheduled an appointment with Microsoft for yesterday, 2/19/06 at
2PM eastern US time. I never received the call, nor did I get any
email - even one saying that the tech was unable to call, unable to
get through to me or had to reschedule.

Instead I was woken up by Microsoft today on Sunday. When I asked to
speak to a supervisor, I got Mr. Mullen, who insisted that I had been
called back yesterday and an email had been sent to me saying that the
person could not get through. He got very rude, obnoxious and
insulting when I insisted that both my wife and I were here at the
scheduled time, I have call waiting with caller ID, voicemail when the
two lines are busy and I never receive any email from MS yesterday or
so far today.

Mr. Mullen refused to address the fact that I was not called back
yesterday and did not receive any emails from MS. He would not let me
speak to his supervisor. He did not answer my questions about who was
in charge in his office or country. He said "Yes I am rude but I am
the only one you will speak to" and "I do not care if you write the
Pope." He insisted that I had a "one-time only offer" to get a call
back "take it or leave it!." Although I answered that I did want it,
he only offered it on a day when I would not be here and rudely hung
up on me with out making an appointment.

It is bad enough that Windows XP professional has many problems, that
Microsoft takes away jobs from qualified Americans. But to provide
rude and ineffective technical support with "a take-it or-lave-it"
attitude not only adds insult to injury; it provides motivation to buy
anything but a Microsoft product! Are you listening Mr. Bill Gates or
is the only way you will get the message is when MS loses substantial
sales?

Thank you,
victimizedbyms@yahoo.com