List of wndproc message values - Programmer

This is a discussion on List of wndproc message values - Programmer ; Hi everyone! I am overriding the WndProc method and testing the message values for the proper conditions for my code to execute.Does anyone know where I can find out the values for the messages? I would like to see a ...

  1. List of wndproc message values

    Hi everyone!

    I am overriding the WndProc method and testing the message values for
    the proper conditions for my code to execute.Does anyone know where I
    can find out the values for the messages? I would like to see a list
    of possible message values and their descriptions so I can override the
    method properly.I also wanna know what about messages that are not in
    the list, because they come from some pheripherals.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: List of wndproc message values

    On 17 Feb 2006 01:47:35 -0800, "ginjasvinja"
    wrote:

    >Hi everyone!
    >
    >I am overriding the WndProc method and testing the message values for
    >the proper conditions for my code to execute.Does anyone know where I
    >can find out the values for the messages? I would like to see a list
    >of possible message values and their descriptions so I can override the
    >method properly.I also wanna know what about messages that are not in
    >the list, because they come from some pheripherals.

    If you're using Visual C, you can enable browsing, and can then point
    to something, right click, and choose "Go to definition of". In
    particular, you can point to any one of the message macros and get its
    definition. It will be in a header along with definitions of all the
    other Windows message macros. Alternatively, you can point to one of
    the macros, use F1to get help on it, and then use the Locate button in
    the Help box to get to a list of all the messages.

    I've also used "Windows 95 API Bible, Common Controls & Messages", by
    Simon.

    If I wanted to know about messages sent from a peripheral, I would
    look first in documentation for that peripheral.

    >Thanks!

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478