Directory parsing with C++ Std lib functions on XP - Programmer

This is a discussion on Directory parsing with C++ Std lib functions on XP - Programmer ; Hello, I'm having trouble with a recursive routine for traversing the directory tree. It crashes when it's used on XP systems. Are there any known irregularities with MSVC functions _findfirst() and _findnext() with this OS? It appears to be that, ...

  1. Directory parsing with C++ Std lib functions on XP

    Hello, I'm having trouble with a recursive routine for traversing the
    directory tree. It crashes when it's used on XP systems. Are there any known
    irregularities with MSVC functions _findfirst() and _findnext() with this
    OS? It appears to be that, or stack-related, I'd like to eliminate the
    former cause if possible. TIA

  2. Re: Directory parsing with C++ Std lib functions on XP

    "bruce varley" wrote in message
    > Hello, I'm having trouble with a recursive routine for traversing the
    > directory tree. It crashes when it's used on XP systems. Are there any
    > known
    > irregularities with MSVC functions _findfirst() and _findnext() with this
    > OS? It appears to be that, or stack-related, I'd like to eliminate the
    > former cause if possible. TIA

    I really didn't know _findfirst/_findnext still worked on XP -- so you are
    *not* using FindFirstFile/FindNextFile (/FindClose)? Not sure it makes any
    difference tho'.
    There may be a very mundane reason for the crashes: XP really _likes_
    subdirectories. Combine lots of these with long filenames and you might get
    into stack related trouble.

    [jongware]

+ Reply to Thread