Shareware Protection - Programmer

This is a discussion on Shareware Protection - Programmer ; Hello All, I've got a program I want to release into the shareware world. My plan is to limit the usage to 30-days. I have various ideas of how to do it, but none of them involve anything simpler than ...

  1. Shareware Protection

    Hello All,
    I've got a program I want to release into the shareware world. My plan
    is to limit the usage to 30-days. I have various ideas of how to do it,
    but none of them involve anything simpler than removing registry
    entries/deleting the binaries.
    Anyone got any ideas? If it's in the c.o.m.p.m FAQ, I am sorry!

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Shareware Protection

    Brian C wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > I've got a program I want to release into the shareware world. My
    > plan is to limit the usage to 30-days. I have various ideas of how to do
    > it, but none of them involve anything simpler than removing registry
    > entries/deleting the binaries.
    > Anyone got any ideas? If it's in the c.o.m.p.m FAQ, I am sorry!
    >
    > Thanks.

    Never mind, found it.

  3. Re: Shareware Protection

    Brian C wrote:

    >> I've got a program I want to release into the shareware world. My
    >> plan is to limit the usage to 30-days. I have various ideas of how to do
    >> it, but none of them involve anything simpler than removing registry
    >> entries/deleting the binaries.
    >> Anyone got any ideas? If it's in the c.o.m.p.m FAQ, I am sorry!

    > Never mind, found it.

    Please post what you found to work. Otherwise you just left a question
    without an answer in this group's archives.

    --
    Phlip