Colorizing Buttons - Programmer

This is a discussion on Colorizing Buttons - Programmer ; Have done a lot of reading and a lot of web searching, but cannot find GOOD instructions for how to change the color of a button, background and text. Nothing I have tried has worked. Anyone done this? Mind sharing ...

  1. Colorizing Buttons

    Have done a lot of reading and a lot of web searching, but cannot find GOOD
    instructions for how to change the color of a button, background and text.
    Nothing I have tried has worked. Anyone done this? Mind sharing your code?

    Frank
    FJRusso@-SPAM-Yahoo.com ( Take the -SPAM- out)
    NC

  2. Re: Colorizing Buttons

    "Frank J. Russo" wrote in message
    news:JBGof.5722$Dd2.5496@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
    > Have done a lot of reading and a lot of web searching, but cannot find
    > GOOD instructions for how to change the color of a button, background and
    > text. Nothing I have tried has worked. Anyone done this? Mind sharing
    > your code?

    Try searching on 'ownerdraw' buttons. That should work.
    The trick is to let Win know you, yes, YOU, want to draw the button, instead
    having it done by the system. For every event that can take place to a
    button (e.g., being drawn on screen, selected, or pushed) win sends a
    message to the parent window of the button (was that WM_OWNERDRAW?). The
    message comes with its own DC, and you are quite free to do whatever you
    want to draw the button in this DC.

    [jongware]

+ Reply to Thread