Customizing crash dialog - Programmer

This is a discussion on Customizing crash dialog - Programmer ; When an application crashes, I've seen a dialog that offers the option to report the crash to Microsoft. How can this be customized to report the crash to me instead if I'm the author of the application. Can somebody point ...

  1. Customizing crash dialog

    When an application crashes, I've seen a dialog that offers the
    option to report the crash to Microsoft.

    How can this be customized to report the crash to me instead if
    I'm the author of the application.

    Can somebody point me to documentation on MSDN or something?
    Thanks.

    - Paul

  2. Re: Customizing crash dialog

    Hi Paul,

    You need to write a crash handler. One of the best places you could
    start would be in John Robbins book:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/073...lance&n=283155

    Alternatively, for the hard way start here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tionfilter.asp
    and here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...pwritedump.asp

    Regards