Question about Win95 - Programmer

This is a discussion on Question about Win95 - Programmer ; Hello Folks! My wife uses an old PC with Windows 95 on, only for her letter writing. For that she uses Microsoft Works 3.0 (for Windows) Now, the question: In DOS it was easy to make a PC start up ...

  1. Question about Win95

    Hello Folks!

    My wife uses an old PC with Windows 95 on, only for her letter writing.
    For that she uses Microsoft Works 3.0 (for Windows)

    Now, the question:
    In DOS it was easy to make a PC start up in such a way, that automatically
    the desired program would start, by altering the Autoexec.bat file.
    How do I do this in Windows??

    Does any body know this?
    Thanks for your help!

    Tom

  2. Re: Question about Win95

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:22:52 +0100, "a.deemter"
    wrote:

    >Hello Folks!
    >
    >My wife uses an old PC with Windows 95 on, only for her letter writing.
    >For that she uses Microsoft Works 3.0 (for Windows)
    >
    >Now, the question:
    >In DOS it was easy to make a PC start up in such a way, that automatically
    >the desired program would start, by altering the Autoexec.bat file.
    >How do I do this in Windows??

    All versions of Windows from 95 up have a Startup folder.If you find
    this folder and copy (drag and drop) a program icon into it, the
    corresponding program will start whenever Windows starts.

    The Startup folder is always in the Start menu. However, the location
    of the Start menu varies. If I recall correctly, for Win 95, the Start
    menu is in the Windows folder. You might be able to find it by right
    clicking on the Start button and then choosing Open or Explore.

    >Does any body know this?
    >Thanks for your help!
    >
    >Tom

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP