c++/c# - Programmer

This is a discussion on c++/c# - Programmer ; hello all experiancesd techies, i am a final yr engg student with knowledge of c++ n java. i want to start windows programing, n hence have to decide whether to choose my language as c++ or c#. please guide me ...

  1. c++/c#

    hello all experiancesd techies,
    i am a final yr engg student with knowledge of c++ n java. i want to
    start windows programing, n hence have to decide whether to choose my
    language as c++ or c#. please guide me which language would benefit in
    the long run, if i intend to persue a job in a product development
    company/( like adobe) after graduation,(not in a consultancy like
    acenture).
    also suggest me good books for that.
    thanx a lot

  2. Re: c++/c#

    pravin.chaudhary wrote:

    > hello all experiancesd techies,
    > i am a final yr engg student with knowledge of c++ n java.

    This is USENET, not chat. What you write here gets archived on many servers
    forever. Write complete sentences and paragraphs, for the best effect!

    > i want to
    > start windows programing, n hence have to decide whether to choose my
    > language as c++ or c#. please guide me which language would benefit in
    > the long run, if i intend to persue a job in a product development
    > company/( like adobe) after graduation,(not in a consultancy like
    > acenture).

    C++ and C#, respectively.

    But why not learn both? (And also languages like Haskell, Ruby, or
    Smalltalk, which think outside the small box that all of C, Java, C++, and
    C# live in?)

    --
    Phlip