How to write a plugin ??? - Programmer

This is a discussion on How to write a plugin ??? - Programmer ; Posted To: comp.lang.c,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc,comp.programming Hi people, Thanks to all taking their time out to read this post and furthermore to those who will be replying to this. I want to write some plugins for winamp to create all those fancy dsp ...

  1. How to write a plugin ???

    Posted To:
    comp.lang.c,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc,comp.programming

    Hi people,
    Thanks to all taking their time out to read this post and
    furthermore to those who will be replying to this.
    I want to write some plugins for winamp to create all those
    fancy dsp effects. I have a dsp background since I am a Electronics
    student, and I know a decent amount of C & C++. I just need some help
    as to how to grab those audio samples going out of my PC. Very helpful
    would be a code snippet which does just nothing but grabs and lets go
    those samples, I can fill in the required algebra. Also I suppose the
    code would be packed as a dll, so how to make winamp recognise that
    dll.
    I would be using Windows XP and winamp 5.0, and language
    being C or C++.

    Bless,

  2. Re: How to write a plugin ???

    "krg" wrote in message
    news:1130998111.512378.212090@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Posted To:
    > comp.lang.c,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc,comp.programming
    >
    > Hi people,
    > Thanks to all taking their time out to read this post and
    > furthermore to those who will be replying to this.
    > I want to write some plugins for winamp to create all those
    > fancy dsp effects. I have a dsp background since I am a Electronics
    > student, and I know a decent amount of C & C++. I just need some help
    > as to how to grab those audio samples going out of my PC. Very helpful
    > would be a code snippet which does just nothing but grabs and lets go
    > those samples, I can fill in the required algebra. Also I suppose the
    > code would be packed as a dll, so how to make winamp recognise that
    > dll.
    > I would be using Windows XP and winamp 5.0, and language
    > being C or C++.
    >
    > Bless,

    It must be a trick to have a dsp background and not know how to access a
    dsp.

    You could put a microphone by your speakers and grab all the sounds.

    This is certainly off topic for c.l.c

    barry

  3. Re: How to write a plugin ???

    Thank you Barry for informing this is off-topic.
    Discussion closed on comp.lang.c

    Bless,

  4. Re: How to write a plugin ???

    "krg" wrote in message
    news:1130999790.908440.17200@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Thank you Barry for informing this is off-topic.
    > Discussion closed on comp.lang.c
    >
    > Bless,

    My bad on the off topic, but other comments still apply.

    barry

  5. Re: How to write a plugin ???

    krg wrote:
    > Posted To:
    > comp.lang.c,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc,comp.programming

    Since your post is completely outside the scope of , I
    strongly suspect that you have neither followed the newsgroup nor
    checked the FAQ before posting. Doing both of those are expected of
    posters to newsgroups and obviously not doing so can easily lead to
    intemperate responses. I hope that you have at least done them for the
    other two newsgroups to which you posted.

    Since you are proposing to extend the functionality of winamp, I suppose
    you should check their suggestions. In particular, check
    . Of course, you should scan their FAQ
    first. It can be found at .

    Notice that there are at least two newsgroups for winamp itself:
    alt.music.mp3.winamp and fido7.ru.winamp. Since I follow neither of
    those and have not checked their FAQs, I cannot say whether they might
    be useful. There are also several dsp-specific newsgroups, including
    comp.dsp.

  6. Re: How to write a plugin ???

    Do you know, how to write a simple DLL ?

    If yes, then it's easy to use it as a plugin. Simply follow some rules
    how to
    implement the winamp plugin api from the plugin view.

    You request for a sample of code that does nearly all the stuff you
    want to
    implement. This should be implemented as a sample at winamp it self.

    Lothar

+ Reply to Thread